Jul 14, 2011




June 30th, 2011 @ Belgrade, Serbia
How many people did I ask the way to the office of street magazine, “LiceUlice?”
The reason why I get lost easily here in Belgrade is due to Cyrillic alphabet. The map I have is written in English, on the other hand, the letter on the street sign is in Cyrillic alphabet…
The kindness of the people here, however, always saved my life. Everybody is nice enough to show me the way and I managed to get to the destination.
Nikoleta, a staff of the Belgrade-based street magazine welcomed me at the office. The Serbian media has just got birth in July 2010. As soon as a famous actor here spotted “Notabene” in Slovakia, he was eager to get launched one in his country. He came over to a social enterprise, SMartKolekvit and this mother organization created the first issue of “LiceUlice.” Most of the vendors are Roma youngsters, they say.
Nikoleta herself worked as a copywriter before, however, “It was the most aweful job I’ve ever experienced” she said. “Job here is worth doing because you can contribute to the change of a society.”

No comments:

Post a Comment