Jun 4, 2011





May 1st, 2011 @Taipei, Taiwan---St. Petersburg, Russia

I’ve been shivering and having goose bumps for a few days…Finally the day has come…It’s the day when I get into Russia.
It was troublesome to even get a traveling visa, but Arkady with a street magazine there “Put Domoi” helped me out. Yes, I have legal documents to visit this country. Even so, some information on the internet about the immigration control of this country scares me a lot.
Fifteen hours after leaving Taipei, I was at the airport in St. Petersburg with my passport and visa in hand. The previous Korean guy just passed the immigration gate. “I envy you!” speaking myself. My heart is pounding and hands are all sweat. The only Russian words I know is “Spasiba”…so hopeless and desperate…IT’S MY TURN! My right hand and right leg just come out together, almost falling down.
As soon as I turned in my passport to the guy at the gate, however, he just let me in. Finished?...Sorry Russia, I was too suspicious…
At the exit, Arkady, former erlik Oslo staff, Kristian who is a film buddy of Arkady and Maya who’s my host were waiting for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment