Jun 3, 2011






April 22nd, 2011 Part2 @Manila
Leaving Ate Mely’s house for another vendor, Emily. Arriving to Emily’s, some of her neighborhood children rushed to me, asking to take some pictures. A local anti-poverty NPO launched this community in September, 2007, where 12 families and 40 kids are living together.
In her 9-square-meter room, there were put a bed, a closet, and a bulky TV. “I got this huge TV from a mountain of trash,” Emily explained. I finally realized that some of the buttons of it were missing.
She had been living on the street of Cubao, Quezon-city, where was a long-distance bus terminal. She was at a loss, facing her husband’s alcoholic, however, to begin selling
“Jeepny” since March 2008 and living in this community for almost 3 years giving her a sense of stable life. “I had been always dreaming about living under a roof, when I was on the street. God has just answered my pryers,” says Emily. Her grandson was sleeping peacefully beside her.

No comments:

Post a Comment