Jun 21, 2011




May 27th, 2011 @ Paris
Ten-minute walk from St-Sebastian Froissart station of Metro number 8. There is an office of one of the biggest NGO in his country, Secours populaire français, where is the distribution point of Macadam too.
As I visited there with Caroline, a university student intern, Clement was busy with handling vendor’s buying magazines. No wonder today’s the day the latest issue is coming out! Its cover is a slammer, Grand Corp Malade.
Most of the vendors of this magazine are not homeless but suffering poverty. 44-year-old vendor, Phiippe Muyard has been selling this magazine for almost a year and half. With a wife and two kids, “I want to sell at least thirty magazines daily,” he said. “I really enjoy the article of Macadam. I often think I’m nothing, however, this magazine with bunch of positive message, makes me think even I can do something for the society.”

No comments:

Post a Comment